Predoctoral contract in the DNA TOPOLOGY Group. *** Call FPI-2020 (opened on 10/13/2020) ***. The…
The Structural Biology Unit, selected as a Maria de Maeztu Unit of Excellence, at the IBMB-CSIC (Barcelona Science Park) is seeking an enthusiastic software support technician and programmer to join the Crystallographic Methods group to develop computing methods and provide support on software, network and systems.
We are looking for candidates who will not necessarily have previous experience but a fast learning curve. We can offer interesting projects in a very heterogenous system (Linux/ Windows/ MACOS; PC, Supercomputing, Grids, Clusters; scientific software; programming; web tools and interfaces). The work assignment is broad and varied, affording an excellent environment for acquiring experience in cutting edge technologies and developing skills on distributed computing, databases, administration, systems and programming.
Contract conditions: 4-year contract from the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness – Banco de Santander S.A. Salary according to Spanish Research Council standards (predetermined from working hours and academic qualification).
- Bachelor degree or higher in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics or similar.
- Fluent English and good teamwork and organisation skills.
- Excellent Linux OS skills.
- Not being beneficiary of “Personal Técnico de Apoyo” fellowships from Programa Estatal de Investigación Científica y técnica y de Innovación 2013-2016 (Spanish government).
- Not currently working at Molecular Biology Institute of Barcelona (IBMB-CSIC).
Knowledge of the following technologies is advantageous:
- Grid computing & Virtualization
- Scripting / programming language (Bash, Python, other).
Deadline for applications: 30/09/2016
Contact/Application: ICREA Res. Prof. Isabel Uson (email@example.com), with an academic CV (detailing subjects and marks) and cover letter describing motivation and contact details for one or two potential references.