Molecular Genomics (MG)
The MG is formed by eight independent research groups interested in basic aspects of gene expression, ranging from DNA topology, chromatin structure, basic mechanisms of transcription, pre-mRNA splicing, and effects of drugs on transcription. Several eukaryotic model systems are studied, from yeast to human cells, and several methodologies are applied, including genomics and proteomics.
- Azorín Marín, Ferran - Chromatin structure and function
- Espinàs Janer, Mª Llüísa - Chromatin domains in transcriptional regulation
- Jordan Vallès, Albert - Chromatin regulation of human and viral gene expression
- Martinez, Marian - Molecular signaling and chromatin
- Vilardell Trench, Josep - Molecular mechanisms of pre-mRNA splicing